Candace Soft Recovery Collar Blue
Features and Benefits:
- Ideal for injuries, rashes and post surgery
- Works great for both cats and dogs
- Unique velcro closure enables the owner to tighten or loosen, as necessary
- Pets rest more easily as the soft fabric edge lets them lay their head comfortably in any position
- Well constructed and made of sturdy material so most pets won't be able to bend it over
- Small best fits neck girth 8.5" to 10" with the overall depth of 4.5"
- Medium best fits neck girth 10" to 11" with the overall depth of 5.25"
- Large best fits neck girth 11" to 12" with the overall depth of 6"
- XL best fits neck girth 11.5" to 12.5" with the overall depth of 7"
- XXL best fits neck girth 12.5" to 13.5" with the overall depth of 7.5"
Sizing for each dog is unique. We highly recommend you measure your pet precisely with a flexible tape measure to ensure the best fit. Contact us if you have question. We are happy to help.
What is a recovery cone
The primary purpose of the cone is to prevent pets from directly traumatizing the surgical site or injured area by chewing or scratching. Although some animals initially dislike the cone and try to remove it, most quickly adapt. But, to avoid accidents or further injury, it's important to directly supervise your pet during the first few hours of wearing a cone.
My pet doesn't like wearing it
If your vet prescribes a cone for your pet following surgery or injury, there are simple things you can do to make the recovery process a little easier on them. It may take a little time for your pet to adjust to wearing a cone, but by projecting a positive attitude, providing plenty of treats, and learning a little more about the benefits of the cone, your pet will have better chances of recovering sooner.
Is it necessary to use the recovery cone
Pets have an amazing inherited skill, which allows them to chew up twenty stitches or staples in less than two seconds flat. You probably don't want to pay extra money to fix open incisions at your vet or the emergency clinic. By the time you realize it, it's too late!