Vince Sailor Harness and Leash Set
Features and Benefits:
- Perfect for everyday walk and weekend party, or just making your pet look its best
- Made of soft, lightweight and breathable material
- Machine washable for easy cleaning.
- Comes complete with a matching leash
- Feature a sturdy D-ring for easy leash attachment
- XS fits pets with breast girth 12" - 13.5". Leash is 46" in length and 0.75" wide
- Small fits pets with breast girth 14.5" -16". Leash is 46" in length and 0.75" wide
- Medium fits pets with breast girth 17" - 18.5". Leash is 46" in length and 0.75" wide
- Large fits pets with breast girth 19" - 20.5". Leash is 46" in length and 0.75" wide
- XL fits pets with breast girth 21" - 23". Leash is 46" in length and 0.75" wide
Sizing for each dog is unique. We highly recommend you measure your pet precisely with a flexible tape measure to ensure the best fit. Contact us if you have question. We are happy to help.
The purpose of collar
Collar is certainly the most traditional approach when it comes to walking and training dogs. It is convenient to slip on and off and are handy because they can hold your dog's identification, rabies, and license tags. It also restrains the dog from running away.
What's the benefit of harness
Harness is an effective training tool for puppies and those that pull and lunge excessively. They provide better control over your dog because it discourages pulling and jumping. It can also be a wonderful addition or alternative to a collar for dogs with medical conditions such as collapsing trachea where pressure on their throat can lead to other concerns and for dogs like pugs, who risk their eyeballs protruding from the sockets if too much pressure is put around their neck. Besides, harnesses can be extremely useful if you walk more than one dog at once and need complete control over them at all times. Finally, a major advantage of the dog harness is that it is unlikely to come off accidentally.
Are Harnesses Ideal for Every Dog?
While there is no reason to avoid a dog harness, some animals dislike the feeling of it and will need some time to adjust. If you are planning on using a harness with your dog, starting early is the best option. Harnesses are also not a replacement for collars because one of the main uses of a collar is to carry identification. Even if your pet is microchipped, he should always wear an ID tag with contact information.
Collars vs. Harnesses: Which is Best?
Just like people, dogs come in different shapes and sizes with varying needs and personalities. What works best for one dog may not be ideal for another, it depends on the individual needs of you and your pup.