July 30, 2019
Seasonal favourite - Pumpkin Carrot Bites (30 mins receipt)
Dog parents are always tempted to get tasty treats and good things for their puppy. Especially towards the end of the year, there are often seasonal treats options. Pumpkin is one of the most popular ingredients in a lot of the recipes. Pumpkin is loaded with fiber and beta-carotene, which the body converts to vitamin A. Raw and cooked carrots are also healthy options for dogs and make a nutritious add-in to meals. Let’s check out this 30mins quick recipes for Pumpkin Carrot Bites.
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (get the kind that has only pumpkin in it)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and then set aside.
- If you are using raw pumpkin and carrots, cut and slice them into small pieces. Best to blende the pumpkin to pumpkin puree.
- Stir pumpkin, eggs, carrots and flour in a large bowl until moistened.
- Roll the batter into small balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
*Don’t give your puppy too much of the bites a day. Too much vitamin A is toxic to dogs. 1-4 tablespoons of pumpkin to your dog each day.