July 16, 2019
Frozen Watermelon Treats for Dogs (~15 mins preparation)
Known as body-healing fruit, watermelon is full of amazing health benefits, especially during the hot summer season. The fruit is very hydrating with up to 92% water content and making it naturally low in fat. It is an ideal summer fruit for both humans and puppies. The refreshing DIY watermelon treats are easy and perfect for any occasion.
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 1 cup coconut milk, coconut water or water
- Bone shape Ice cube tray
- Peel off the watermelon rind.
- Dice the watermelon into small cubes.
- Blend the watermelon into liquid using the blender.
- Add approximately 1 cup of coconut milk/ coconut water, or regular water depending on your preference.
- Pour mixture into the bone shape ice cube tray and allow it to freeze fully, about 2 to 3 hours. (Tips: You can put them into the fridge before bed, and it is ready to serve in the morning)