Homemade has never been so easy until you tried it for the first time. We are making a very simple but delicious Peanut Butter Dog Treats today. Seriously, who can resist Peanut butter baked goodies?
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1-½ tsps of baking powder
- 1 cup of water
- Bone shaped cookie cutters
- Baking sheet
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees. (Peanut butter might burn easily if the temperature is too high)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and then set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the peanut butter, milk, and egg together with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the flour and baking powder.
- Using a floured rolling pin, cut into shapes using the bone shape cookie cutter.
- Arrange on the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom. Flip the treats to bake the other side for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*Unbleached all-purpose flour is safe for dogs, but whole wheat was more highly recommended by vet because of its added health benefits. However, please consult with your vet about any allergies your dog may have.